Working with Requests
When you have a list of requests assigned to you with different statuses. It’s always up to you to decide which requests are to be handled first. We will explain how to work with a request starting from ‘Pending’ status.
Once you open a request in ‘Pending’ status and start working on it, the status will change automatically into ‘In progress’.
The request screen will open and it has two main tabs: ‘Detail’ and ‘History’.
1) The ‘Detail’ tab is vertically divided into two parts:
a) The left part is divided into the following tabs: Assignee, Request Information, Apartments selected for the offer and offer.
You can assign a request to someone else by deleting the name in the ‘Assign to (account)’ field and using auto complete to find the name of the other person then hitting the ‘Save’ button. Or you directly assign it to yourself by selecting the ‘Assign to me‘ checkbox then saving.
In this tab you will find the information that the client filled in the Form sent from your website. In case some fields might be missing, this means the information was not obligatory for sending the Form and you can always make further communication with the client for additional information either by sending them an email or calling them if they had left you their phone number (you can check for the phone number and email on the right side of the screen in the ‘Quick contact view’ tab.
Apartments selected for the offer
Here you will find a list of apartments chosen by your client on your website. In case the client has not specified which apartments they are interested in and just filled in their inquiry with sufficient information, you can search for suitable apartments to offer and drag them into this tab (using the options on the right side of the screen to be discussed below).
This tab helps you understand which apartment/s you already added to the offer or have been previously offered.
b) The right part of the screen is divided into the following tabs: Quick contact view and Properties.
Quick Contact view
In the panel on the right-hand side, however, you can find ‘Quick contact view’ section with basic information about the client for fast reference as well as another very useful feature which is the ‘Open customer detail’ button that redirects you to the CRM Module.
This button can be used not only to view or add data but also to check ALL the history of the client (old requests, bookings, already existing data and find out who’s client they are! and probably at this point assign the request to the ‘right’ person).
Here you can ‘Search’ for apartments to offer using filters and then check out the result of your search in ‘Search result’ instead of searching directly in the Property Module.
On the other hand, if you prefer searching for apartments to offer directly in the Property Module, you can make use of the ‘Starred Properties’ function.
How it works?
– You open the Property Module.
– Search for apartments using the filters your prefer.
– Upon getting results, you notice that beside each available apartment there is a star- shaped icon.
– You star the apartments you want to offer (which you will find in ‘Starred Properties’ once you switch back to Request Module)
– In the Request Module you only have to drag and drop the starred apartments into the ‘Apartments selected for the offer’ tab on the left side of the screen. Notice that by dragging you will also get the pre-calculated price for the selected dates in the determined currency setting of each property then proceed with sending the offer.
2) In the ‘History’ tab you can find:
- All information regarding the request, from the moment is was opened, assigned and all the actions done afterwards.
Note that when you send an offer or an email and your client replies which changes the status of the request into ‘In Progress’, you don’t have to look for their reply in the inbox of the Email Module, instead you’ll find the ‘Open Email’ button in the history which opens for you the entire thread.
- There are two important buttons: ‘Set In progress’ to manually change the status depending on your needs. And ‘New Phone call’ which is not used to make a call, but to make note that you either called the client or they called you. This will appear in the history of your request. You can add any notes you find necessary and can be useful for someone else who might have to take care of the request at a certain point.
N.B. When you click on ‘Send Offer’ or ‘Send Email’ buttons, the system automatically redirects you to the Email Module where you only need to compose your offer and send it. The apartments already added to the offer will be inserted automatically into the Email body along with the links leading to the details of the apartment and the total price for the requested period. Clicking on one of the above mentioned buttons will open a pop-up window for setting reminders before sending the email and it is an optional step. For more information on how reminders work, consult the ‘Setting Reminders’ section.